zaterdag 11 april 2009

Chronicles of a Two Year Old Shopper

Because by age two, you should really be doing most of your
own grocery shopping-- that includes laundry supplies.

You may have seen the above picture and caption on my facebook page yesterday. What you didn't see is what it took to get that priceless shot. With an iPhone. In an Albert Heijn. On the Saturday before Easter.


After discovering the mini-shopper in the dairy section, I managed to rebalance my awkward grocery basket, whip out my iPhone, and catch up with the tot on the laundry aisle. (Oh, c'mon. These days it's actually completely routine for a person to iPhone picture stalk someone funny. Especially if it'll make a twiend/friend smile.)


The little Dutchman was quite the shopper, grabbing the items his father pointed to and tossing them in the cart. He was also adding interesting looking packages here and there, most of which his father didn't notice. Not really sure why the kid wanted a 4-pack of toilet bowl fresheners, but props to the lil guy for taking initiative.


At this point things began to get hairy. The small boy was much more dexterous in the crowded market than I was and the natives began to tire of my aisleway obstructing iPhone stalk-age of the kid.


People began darting between us.


Luckily, I caught up the child again at the resgister. Finally a face shot. It's hard to see, but he had little baby glasses. His father is the man to the left with his back to the kid. Of course.

On the way out I said, "You're awesome" to the little guy and he gave me a monster grin. Made my day.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten